About the Technical Poster Session and the Student Poster Competition
The Technical Poster Session and the Student Poster Competition are for APS-submitted posters only, and is distinct from the Gallery of Fluid Motion posters and videos. Posters with mainly artistic content are recommended to be submitted to the Gallery of Fluid Motion.
The Technical Poster Session of the DFD Meeting is open to all participants. Entries submitted by students are eligible for the Student Poster Competition which constitutes a specific opportunity for graduate and undergraduate students to enhance their presentation skills and to build their professional network.
The Technical Poster Session is held during a dedicated time slot. This year it is Monday, November 23 between 3:20pm and 4:05pm in Hall D, Second Level, Convention Center. Those posters designated as Student Posters will be judged and awarded 1st and 2nd Prize for "Best Poster" in the following categories:
Category 1: Computational Fluid Dynamics
Category 2: Experimental Fluid Dynamics
Category 3: Microfluidics/Drops/Bubbles/Interfacial fluid dynamics
Winners in each category will receive awards and recognition during the meeting, and will be highlighted in the DFD Newsletter.
- A first author may submit an oral presentation OR a poster, but NOT both.
- Cash prizes of $250 for first place and $150 for second place in each category will be awarded.
Poster Presenter Guidelines:
- Posters will be hung on a tack board, with an available display area of 45" x 45" (1.21 x 1.21 m). The posters can be hung with push pins or velcro tape, both of which will be provided at the meeting site.
- Posters will be displayed in Hall D, Second Level, Convention Center.
- Posters must be placed before 9:00am on Sunday, November 22, 2015.
- Mount poster in numbered space reserved for it. (Numbers will be assigned after submission window has closed).
- Posters must be removed by 12:00 noon, Tuesday, November 24, 2015.